Monday, October 06, 2008

A Bitch Slap to Robert Gallo!

For those geeks out there that know of the long running feud between American retrovirus pioneer Robert Gallo and French HIV researchers Luc Montagnier and (to a lesser extent by association) Francoise Barre-Sinoussi - the genesis of this feud is highlighted very effectively in the movie "And The Band Played On" - it seems with the award of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Medicine/Physiology those in Stocholm have spoken! Condolences to Gallo (although I tend to side with the French on this one)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know enough about this particular one, but I know the Nobel folks often get it wrong - like ignoring the plant scientists' contributions to the discovery of RNAi.

Desaya Bellatrix said...

Robert Gallo deserved that bitch slap! Anyone who doesnt know the story needs to find out the truth.I am so grateful to the French for their outstanding work!....OK OK I guess I will mention that Gallo did discover the first retrovirus..but he never linked it to a disease to this day!! And then to try and take credit for a virus he couldnt even find? *scoff* Slimeball!!